My Dear Professional Colleagues,
Firstly, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Happy Independence Day. The month of August holds a special significance for we people of India as we rejoice the event of our independence, remember and commemorate the hard work and sacrifices of our ancestors who made the dream of a free nation possible, as Independence Day on the 15th day of this month.
My journey with chapter begins with induction as a member in 2014. After conclusion of 11th Annual General Meeting and election of the new managing committee, I am bestowed the responsibility to lead this wonderful institution. It is indeed a great honour for me to be elected as Chairman of the ICAI Melbourne Chapter.
I am happy to inform you that our Chapter members have elected the following officer bearers for 2017-18 at the AGM:
- CA Anand Agarwal – Chairman
- CA Vimal Ghelot – Vice Chairman
- CA Harsha Singh – Secretary
- CA Prity Sarda – Public Officer
- CA Somya Kumar – Treasurer
- CA Amrut Barad
- CA Sameer Manduskar
- CA Rimpal Talwar
- CA Srinivas Palavarapu
- CA Pankaj Damle
Our Chapter has grown from humble beginnings in 2006 to around 141 paid members in 2017 and we look forward for more members residing in Melbourne joining our chapter.
Past Chairman CA Sameer Manduskar launched a fresh new website of Chapter www.icai.melbourne during the AGM. Please visit the website and we welcome your feedback and suggestions. The Website is in its primary stage, development will continue, and you will witness many new features upcoming.
In line with ICAI’s vision of becoming the World’s leading accounting body, regulator and developer of trusted and independent professionals with world class competencies in accounting, assurance, taxation, finance and business advisory services, the Chapters core objectives include:
- Serving as a medium for facilitating the sharing of the vast professional knowledge and expertise among the members
- Added exposure of our members in the community, providing continual professional education;
- Facilitating employment opportunities;
- Facilitating the integration process of Indian Chartered Accountants migrating to Australia.
- Reinforcing the ICAI brand;
- Harnessing technology to deliver better services to our members;
- Organizing programs as a part of the ICAI social responsibility initiative.
In line with the objectives of the Chapter, the current Managing Committee is planning the following activities during the year:
- On an average one CPD event every month;
- One event exclusively for the female members;
- Two social event whereby members and their family members get an opportunity to meet and net-work;
- In addition to above, the Chapter will endeavour for 3rd Annual International Conference.
I request you all to provide full support to make these events a grand success. I appeal all my professional colleagues to suggest names of speakers (paid or honorary), sponsors and encourage ICAI members, who have not yet associated themselves with Chapter, to become member of the Chapter.
I believe that we have a very capable and talented team at the Committee and through their contribution and support; I hope that we keep the flag of ICAI Melbourne Chapter flying high and keep up with the good work done by our past Chairmen and their teams over the years.
In this juncture, I would like to assert famous words of Swami Vivekananda
“Arise, awake, stop not till the goal is reached.”
I look forward to working with all of you during this year.
With best regards
CA Anand Agarwal
The Melbourne Chapter of ICAI Inc
Date:15th August 2017